Hair Care & Styling Tips & Tricks from COUPE Hair Salon, Sunninghill, Ascot
Fed up with your fine, limp hair? Cursed with thick, curly hair that is in a constant tangle? Are you worried about hair loss?
We all have different hair issues but there is usually something that can be done to improve the situation.
Stylist Jeanne van Zweel from COUPE Hair in Sunninghill, Ascot, provides some expert tips & tricks to help you get the best out of your hair…
PROTECT COLOURED HAIR
Keep your coloured hair looking gorgeous for longer by using hair care and styling products specifically designed for colour-treated hair.
After having your hair professionally coloured, wait up to three days if you can before washing it to allow the colour to absorb completely. Remember also to protect your hair colour from pool chlorine, sea salt, UV light (tanning beds) and… condition, condition, condition.
If you do experience a hair colour disaster, we have hair colour experts at COUPE Hair in Sunninghill who can help with colour correction.
REPAIR DAMAGED HAIR
There are now some fantastic hair repair treatments available in-salon including the revolutionary Micromist Deep Infusion Treatment where microscopic particles of mist (not steam) are generated by ultrasonic waves to open the hair’s cuticle to allow the treatment to penetrate deeper into damaged hair. This heals the hair from the inside out as it is taking nourishment where it’s needed most.
You could also try this rather unconventional tip! When it comes to drying your hair, avoid towel drying and use an over-sized 100% cotton t-shirt instead. This is said to reduce hair breakage and help control frizz and flyaways.
ADD VOLUME TO LIMP HAIR
There really is no need to suffer from limp and lifeless hair these days. Ask your stylist to recommend the right shampoo, conditioning and styling products to give your hair more volume and lift. Very often it’s simply the fact that you’re using the wrong hair conditioner which is weighing down your hair.
A recent innovation in hair care includes pre-shampoo conditioning treatments. This is where conditioners are applied BEFORE you shampoo your hair. Why not give it a go at home and apply your conditioner before your shampoo to see if it gives your locks a lift.
GIVE FINE HAIR A BOOST AT THE ROOTS
Fed up with fine hair that lies flat on your head after you’ve styled it? Try these tips:
- Dry your hair upside down, working your fingers into the roots of your hair to give it lift
- Apply a fine hair boosting spray – ask your stylist for their recommendation on which products will work best on your hair.
- For a special occasion, spritz your hair with a specially formulated ‘salt spray’ for hair to give it added volume.
- Add a burst of dry shampoo to give your roots a lift
DETANGLE HAIR MORE EASILY
Tangled hair that is cursed with tiny little knots can literally be a pain! While we can’t promise you’ll never have a tangle again, we’d recommend you invest in a Tangle Teezer detangling brush and try the following…
Gently brush your hair before you shower to get rid of as many tangles as possible because it will only become more tangled as you work your hair into a lather.
Invest in a satin cover for your pillow. Your hair is much less likely to get in a mess as you sleep and you’ll find it looks a lot shinier when you wake up too!
HAIR LOSS & THINNING HAIR TIPS
Hair loss can be a cause of great distress for both men and women and there are several great products on the market aimed at improving the density of your hair and encouraging hair growth.
We also have some expert tips to encourage thicker hair:
- Keep your hair as clean as possible to avoid weighing it down
- Gently brush your hair before you shower to avoid tangles and breakage during the lathering process
- Gently dry your hair (try drying it with a 100% cotton t-shirt for a delicate drying technique)
- Scrunch your hair while drying it to add volume
- Never pull your hair back into tight ponytails, buns or plaits – keep it loose
- Massage your scalp to increase circulation
- When blow drying, lift your hair at the roots and give your hair a burst of cold air.
Visit COUPE Hair Salon at 9 High Street, Sunninghill, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 9NQ, or call 01344 873 200 to book an appointment.